Missing teeth can make you feel self-conscious and even lead to health problems. You’re not alone – millions of people are missing teeth. At Boulder Dental Designs, we provide dental implants as a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
What Are Dental Implants and Why Are They a Good Option for Missing Teeth?
A dental implant is a titanium post surgically placed into your jawbone to serve as the root of your new tooth. Once the implant has healed and bonded with your bone, we will carefully attach a dental crown to the top of the implant. We will sculpt the crown to match your natural tooth color, shape, and size perfectly. Dental implants are a good option for missing teeth because they are:
- Durable – with proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Secure – dental implants will not slip or move as dentures can.
- Natural-looking – because dental implants are placed in your jawbone and topped with a dental crown, they look like your natural teeth.
- Comfortable – dental implants do not irritate your gums as dentures can.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The first step in the dental implant process is to consult with Dr. Montoya or Dr. Lai to determine if you are a candidate for dental implants. Once we determine that you are a good candidate, the next step is to have a surgical procedure to place the titanium post into your jawbone expertly. The process is typically done with a local anesthetic, but you may choose to have sedation dentistry if you are anxious about the procedure.
After placing the implant, you will need to wait for it to heal and bond with your bone. The healing time usually takes a few months. Once the implant has bonded with your bone, we will carefully attach the dental crown to the top of the implant, completing the process.
How to Care For Your Dental Implants After They Are Installed
Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime, but they require some special care. Here are some tips for caring for your dental implants:
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day – just like you would with natural teeth. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Avoid biting or chewing hard foods – hard foods can damage your dental crown.
- Visit Boulder Dental Designs regularly for checkups and cleanings – we will ensure your dental implants are healthy and functioning correctly.
- Quit smoking – smoking can damage your dental implants and increase your risk for implant failure.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The exact price depends on several factors, including the type of implant and your dental goals. Some insurance plans will cover part of the cost of an implant, but typically only if it is considered medically necessary.
For people without insurance or with limited coverage, our in-office savings plan can help. Despite the cost, dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss, and they are an excellent investment in your dental health and your beautiful smile.
Reach out to us today at Boulder Dental Designs. We can perform a thorough consultation to determine if dental implants are right for you. We can also provide cost estimates to help you make your decision.
Call Us Today in Beautiful Boulder, Colorado
Boulder Dental Designs offers dental implants as a permanent solution to missing teeth. You will regain the ability to eat virtually anything and smile confidently with our dental implants. Not only do they look natural, but they also preserve facial contours.
Schedule your free consultation today. Our team will work with you to find the best solution for your individual needs. We know that everyone is different, so we offer various implant options to choose from.