Getting traditional braces can do wonders for your child’s smile and, more importantly, oral health. If your child has overcrowded teeth, crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, and/or poor alignment of the upper and lower jaws, braces are worth considering because of their proven history to work. Here are some of the long-term benefits that braces can yield for a child who needs orthodontic correction:
- They can help you chew food more efficiently.
- They can help you speak more clearly.
- They can make it easier to brush, floss, and clean teeth.
- They can reduce the frequency of grinding and chipping teeth.
- They can help prevent protruding teeth (and the injuries they can cause).
- They can reduce cavities and the likelihood of periodontal disease.
Along with these benefits, braces can also boost your child’s self-esteem and confidence. While these reasons may not be as dire as your child’s health, they do play an undeniable role in your child’s mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
The most common reason a parent will start to look for orthodontic treatment is if their child’s teeth are crowded. You will notice this if your child’s teeth are crowded because there’s no room and the teeth are cramped. If this is left untreated, it will get worse as your child gets older. The more crowded the teeth are, the harder it is to properly clean your child’s teeth, leading to tooth decay, bad breath, or gum disease.
If you want the best dentist in Boulder, CO, come to Boulder Dental Designs. For more information on braces or other dental services, schedule an appointment today.