Do you have crooked teeth? Have you been wanting to straighten your smile but hate the idea of braces? You’re not alone. Thousands of Americans across the nation are struggling with their smiles. Not only can misaligned teeth affect your physical health, but it can also affect your mental health. They fear the idea of having metal in their mouth. Friends and family members that have had braces tell stories of discomfort, awkwardness, and, in some cases, pain. If you ask us, that doesn’t sound like a whole lot of fun. So what’s the truth about Invisalign® that on one is talking about? The primary side effect of Invisalign is a straight smile.
At Boulder Dental Designs, we believe it’s only a matter of willingness and time before every patient we have the privilege of helping can have a straight, beautiful smile. One way to achieve this mission of ours is to offer Invisalign. We’re a certified Invisalign provider (one of the only ones in Boulder). Nonetheless, in this post, we will share the benefits of Invisalign and why you should choose Boulder Dental Designs to align your teeth for optimal oral health.
Straighten Your Smile
As mentioned above, the primary outcome of Invisalign is a straight smile. If you struggle with confidence in your smile, it’s time you addressed the issue. Do you have consistent oral health issues? A straight smile can be more than an aesthetic for you and others to enjoy viewing. It can make it easier for your Boulder dentist to treat your oral conditions. Overall, a straight smile can help improve your oral health.
What kind of benefits exist beyond a straight smile? At Boulder Dental Designs, we enjoy sharing all of the wonderful advantages of a straight smile, and we can achieve one with Invisalign. Here are the biggest benefits we’ve seen in patients:
- Fewer Aligners – Unlike braces, your Invisalign trays allow you to control when and how you wear them. Depending on the extent of alignment you need, there are anywhere between six and 24 sets of trays you will wear throughout the process.
- Invisible Aligners – Invisalign offers virtually invisible aligners so that you can live your life without the embarrassing feeling that people are staring at the metal in your mouth when you speak or smile. Need to eat or drink something? Simply slide your aligners out and enjoy. Once you’re finished enjoying a meal or beverage, rinse your teeth and replace your aligners.
- Consistent Diet – When you choose to use Invisalign, you don’t have to change your diet like you do with braces.
Affordable Cost – In most cases, Invisalign cost the same as traditional metal braces.
- Play Sports – Invisalign allows you or your child to play sports without the anxiety of metal braces causing cuts or lacerations inside your mouth.
- Teeth Whitening – Want to brighten your smile while you straighten it? Invisalign allows you whiten your teeth, since you can slide the aligners out before your teeth whitening treatment and replace them afterward.
- Reduce Emergencies – Traditional braces break sometimes, which means you need to call in your Boulder dentist for an emergency. Invisalign doesn’t require emergency visits, since you can remove the aligners easily.
The Health Benefits Of A Straight Smile
It’s common to forget that a straight smile offers a variety of health benefits beyond a confidence boost when someone smiles back at you. Here are the biggest health benefits of a straight smile:
- Healthier Gums – Teeth that are too widely spread apart or too crowded cause issues for gums. This spacing or crowding can be a catalyst for gum disease and periodontitis, which could lead to tooth loss. Your gums are healthier when they support a straight smile.
- Easier-To-Clean Teeth – A straight smile makes it easier for you and your Boulder dentist to clean your teeth.
- Less Tooth Wear – When you straighten your smile, it removes the chance of abnormal tooth wear. If teeth wear abnormally, it can cause issues like TMJ.
- Reduced Tooth Injury – If teeth wear long enough, they will crack or break. This requires restorative dental treatments that can cost more than simply straightening your teeth.
When you choose to straighten your smile with Invisalign, you’re doing more than paying for a dental procedure. You’re adding confidence and opportunity to your life. Ready to correct your smile? Schedule an appointment with Boulder Dental Designs today!